Moderator Control Panel ]

These are not your average movie reviews. These reviews have a strict format that has the intention of helping script writers and others learn about films and firm making.

Postby Douglas E Knapp » Wed May 12, 2010 7:12 pm

I love this film. I have not completed my review but wanted to get it up here fast.
This movie is a great movie.

Sucks, horses with six legs? Could you not afford someone with a bit more imagination than that? These things even have a mane! Sound track for the horses is equally a lame copy of a horse.

A quote or tow from Wikipedia about the movie that made me sit back in awe.

"To render Avatar, Weta used a 10,000 sq ft (930 m2) server farm making use of 4,000 Hewlett-Packard servers with 35,000 processor cores running Ubuntu Linux and the Grid Engine cluster manager. The render farm occupies the 193rd to 197th spots in the TOP500 list of the world's most powerful supercomputers."

"However, a studio spokesperson, speaking with film website The Wrap, said that the budget "is $237 million, with $150 million for promotion, end of story"

"The film broke several box office records during its release and became the highest-grossing film of all time in North America[24] and worldwide, surpassing Titanic, which had held the records for the previous 12 years. It also became the first film to gross more than $2 billion."

Amazon Blue Ray Link so this site can support itself

Amazon Normal DVD Link so this site can support itself

Douglas E Knapp
Douglas E Knapp
Site Admin

Return to Movie Reviews